Monday, June 11, 2012

Annnnnnd. The ants are EVERYWHERE.

Story time!
So. 
As you all know,
I don't like bugs.
At all.
We don't have a good history.
And because of this 
history,
I do not like bugs.
They're not cool.
Anyway,
some of the bugs I like 
the least
are 
ants. 
Bleh.
They are so gross. 
Like, 
so gross.

Anyway,
there is not a shortage 
of ants here on 
American Samoa. 
They are 
EVERYWHERE.
In my apartment
we have ants 
that crawl all over 
the walls in
every 
room.
Every
room.
So, 
I've kinda gotten used to them.
Kinda. 
And you know, 
they're in the kitchen, 
so we have to keep 
everything we open 
in the fridge so that
they don't spoil the food. 
They crawl all down in the sink
so we have to do our 
dishes right away.
No big deal. 
It's really not too too terrible.
I could get used to it. 
I guess.
I guess, 
in a way, 
I've even gotten used to 
having them crawl on me
when I'm outside 
or whatever. 
Well, maybe not 
completely used to it, 
but starting to. 
It just kinda happens. 

Back to my story. 
I've drifted away into
a tangent of 
explaining the ants. 

So, last night,
we made cookies, 
and made our apartment all 
hot and everything.
(I am NEVER doing that again.
It was wayy too hot.)
But I put my computer on my bed
while we had some
people over to watch a movie.
Well, 
after the movie was over, 
and after everyone left,
after we cleaned up the kitchen,
I went to go get in bed.
I was tired, you see,
and, logically, 
I thought it would be a
good idea 
to go to bed. 
The ants
thought otherwise. 

I walked back into 
my room. 
And 
ALL OVER MY SHEETS
WERE HUNDREDS 
OF ANTS!!!
Are you kidding me?!
I was so, so, so
grossed out!! 
Ew!
So, there I was freaking out. 
Freaking out. 
Sarah,
my friend who's sharing a room with me,
was pretty freaked out as well. 
I have absolutely no 
idea where they all came from. 
It's like they just appeared 
out of thin air!
But anyway,
I pulled the sheets off my bed. 
And got my bug spray
and sprayed down my bed. 
I put some new sheets on.
Then, I sprayed those down
with bug spray, 
just in case.
So, I thought 
that I would be able to fall asleep
then. 
NOPE. 
I couldn't do it.
I could feel them crawling
all over me. 
Even though there weren't 
ANY there. 
It was terrible. 
Ew, ew, ew. 

I don't like bugs. 
I don't think I will ever like bugs. 
Anyway, 
that's my story. 
I hope it made you laugh.
And if it didn't, 
then you just read a 
terribly long 
post about 
insignificant ants. 

Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment